Datadog: Performance monitoring tool (from Zero to Hero)
What you'll learn
- Understand basic and advanced concepts of APM and Datadog tool usage.
- Datadog Agent installations and configurations. Includes IIS integration.
- Datadog APM Service monitoring, Traces observations and Error Tracking. This includes .NET Core API monitoring with the SQL service layer
- Datadog Custom Tags usage from your .NET application.
- Dashboards creation with different widgets like timeseries, query values, toplists, tables, pie charts, service maps and watchdog.
- Alerts/Monitors creation for host and services. Monitors for latency, error and success call rates and sql query duration.
- Understand SLA, SLO, SLI and Error Budget by creating Datadog SLO for success rate (DevOps)
- Monitor application key aspects like availability, reliability, scalability and duration. Also monitor top slowest queries.
- Integrate monitors with Slack and PagerDuty
- Synthetic Monitoring and Performing API and Browser Tests. Using GET/Post methods with request body and Authorization Bearer Token
- Log Management: Basics, Log Entries, Log Exceptions, NLog usage
- How to investigate an issue using Notebook and collaborate it with the team members
- Almost no programming experience needed. Only for 2-3 specific lectures .NET coding skills are needed.
This course will help you to:
1. Understand basic and advanced concepts of Application Performance Management and Datadog tool usage
2. To build APM for your application with Datadog from scratch.
3. To visualize the entire request path and determine exactly where a bottleneck or error occurred.
To Be able only with a few mouse clicks to track errors inside your application and find slow queries.
4. Perform datadog Agent installations, configurations and query basic metrics.
5. Analyze datadog APM Service monitoring, Trace searches and Code Profiling.
This includes .NET Core API monitoring with the SQL service layer.
6. Create dashboards with different widgets like timeseries, query values and toplists.
We will create widgets together for:
- Latency in Timeseries and Query value graph
- Error rate in Timeseries and Query value graph
- Top List Endpoints in List/Table/Pie Chart
- Host graph usage
- Service map usage
- Applying Formulas
7. Create Monitors/Alerts for host, services, endpoints, iis and watchdog.
We will create alerts together for::
- monitor for request latency
- monitor for error rate
- monitor for specific api endpoint
- monitor for sql query duration
- monitor for host data reporting
- watchdog monitors
8. Understand SLA, SLO, SLI and Error Budget by creating Datadog SLO for success rate
9. Integrate monitors with Slack and PagerDuty
10. Synthetic Monitoring with API and Browser Tests creation using Get/Post requests with Authorization Bearer Tokens
11. Log Management and how to save/view logs using NLog in Datadog
- how to investigate an issue using notebook and collaborate with team members using comments
- how to use templates and create custom ones
13. Monitor application key aspects like availability, reliability, scalability and duration.
Who this course is for:
- For Developers and Managers which wants to improve their application performance and security.
I am a Microsoft Certified Software Development Engineer with more than 15 years of experience. I have worked for different companies in travel, property management, facility management, mobile, and in the health and research industry.
For me, software quality, performance, and security are one of the most important keys. I took part in full lifecycle application development and also performed presentations to customers.
My passion is to evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation.